Beef Kefta brochette
This is ground beef mixed with cumin, paprika, minced onion, parsley, coriander and garlic. Kefta is an easy way of making your children eat vegetables without even noticing.
Some families add often to this recipe chopped mint leaves, hot paprika and cinnamon, sometimes I tried doing a chicken version of this recipe and it works really well, but you will have to adjust the grilling time, not to dry your chicken.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together and let this mixture marinate until the grilling moment arrives. To make brochettes, take small amounts of the beef mixture and shape them into a sausage around the bamboo skewer.
- Cook on the BBQ, I will prefer a coal BBQ, over medium heat the meat, 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- I served this with warm pita bread, coriander leaves, harissa, tomatoes wedges, sometimes even with a little bit of Taktouka (Moroccan Tomatoes and Roasted Pepper Salad) red onions chopped.
So the first time I tasted this was in my honeymoon in Casablanca, Morocco, I was amazed with all the flavors, even if I have had a kebab before, it was nothing like I have ever taste..it was honest and simple food at its best, and that is why I loved it and have been making it at home ever since.