Always the same 2 questions: Can we have croissants or can we make crepes? most of the Sundays we go to the bakery closest to our house and buy croissants but sometimes we’ll do the crepes with the girls! so my job here will be making the dough along with the girls and Patrick’s job will be making the crepes on a frying pan with a ladle!
- 1 cups of all purposed flour
- 1½ cups of milk
- 1 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- vanilla extract to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar salt, oil and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk, stirring to combine. Beat until smooth. Let rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.
Patrick’s trick for doing the crepes on a pan is getting them well cover before padding the batter. He puts vegetable oil on a little bowl and and picks up a little bit with a paper napkin every time and then scrubs the bottom of the pan with it before putting the batter in it.
So here is our recipe for homemade crepes!