Sticky Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
Happy Memorial day folks! how was your weekend?
Well, yesterday in the DR was Mother’s Day, so Happy belated Mother’s Day to all Dominican moms reading this!! 👐👐👐👐👐👐.
Today is a chill Monday! perfect for a cool old grill or roast meal, and this wings are perfect for today! you can either cook them in the oven or over the grill.
Packed with flavor and super easy to make, this will be the celebration of any meal!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons tamari (Gluten free Soy Sauce)
- 1 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed/minced
- 1-2 tablespoons (extra) honey
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat (or 200c | 400f).
- Rinse chicken wings and pat dry. Remove tip and discard; separate each wing at the joint into 2 pieces. Place wings in a shallow dish and pour over the soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, and lemon juice. Toss well to coat; marinate, refrigerated, for 2 hours.
- Remove wings from marinade and pat dry; season with salt and pepper. Remove wings from marinade and reserve liquid. Arrange chicken wings skin side up onto an oven tray lined with aluminum foil, and drizzle with a little extra honey. Grill/broil for 8-10 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Turn the wings and grill/broil for a further 5-8 minutes more, or until they are golden, sticky and cooked through.
- While the wings are in the oven; pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan, and bring to the boil for 5 minutes.
- To serve, pour honey sauce over the wings and garnish with sesame seeds.