So, after all the binge eating from the Holidays, my husband and I decided to begin a diet and we chose Keto diet because I did it last year and had great results. These Keto cookies are made with almond flour and grated coconut, garnished with 85% cocoa chocolate pieces.
If you somehow still don’t know what a keto diet is, is to put it simple, teaching your body to use fat for energy A keto diet is well known for being a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy instead of using glucose (sugar).
It’s named different ways – ketogenic diet, low carb diet, low carb high fat, etc. This recipe was make by my husband! yay he bakes!
Ketosis is a natural process the body initiates to help us survive when food intake is low. During this state, we produce ketones, which are produced from the breakdown of fats in the liver.
You will enjoy a crispy and sweet something and can continue without feeling guilty, these cookies are perfect to go with a tea or coffee. A little sweetness with very low carbohydrates.
- 1 cup Almond meal
- 4 tablespoons grated coconut
- 5 tablespoons sweetener stevia or sucralose powder (according to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or melted butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate (70% - 85% ) chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix together again.
- Roll out balls with hand and place on a silpat lined baking sheet; flatten slightly with a fork. These cookies do not extend when baked, so there’s no need to leave a lot of space between them.
- Bake for 10 -15 minutes.
- They must be golden brown and crispy. Let cool before eating.