Egg Salad Sandwich recipe
Egg salad is the most affordable of the protein and mayo salads that include chicken and turkey salads, ham salad, tuna and salmon salads and seafood salads (crab, lobster, shrimp).
There are many variations of the egg salad sandwich as each cook prefers to put in additional ingredients. A few variations that are really popular are
Curried egg salad is a sandwich where a pinch of Dijon mustard or gravy powder is added to the mashed eggs.
Cucumber egg salad is a sandwich where celery greens and green onions along with pickled cucumbers are added.
Pesto egg salad is a sandwich variation where a spoonful of pesto sauce is added instead of mayonnaise.
Bacon and egg salad consists of a sandwich where crumbled bacon is added to the mashed egg.
Sweet Relish is added to the mashed eggs to make a slightly tangy version of the egg salad sandwich recipe
One version that is famous in New Jersey consists of fried egg, pork roll, and American cheese on a roll with salt, ketchup and pepper.
The southern variety is made of bread, egg, cheese, mayonnaise, ketchup and egg.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- slices of whole-grain bread
- Crisp Lettuce
- Chop hard-cooked eggs. It depends on how chunkier you like your egg salad, some people prefer it fine or even mashed. You can try a different cut each time to see which you prefer.
- In a large bowl, mix chopped eggs, paprika, mustard and salt and pepper. Mash well with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Toast bread. Serve on bread as a sandwich or over crisp lettuce as a salad.
I like to use a peppery green on my egg salad sandwich, such as arugula. I like my egg salad sandwich, the classic way classic with a little bit of roasted turkey ham or crispy bacon! but some people prefer to have celery or onion! it depends really on what you like or not!