Healthy Vietnamese Chicken Salad
So my husband Patrick, lived most part of his life in Casablanca, Morocco; and his family used to go frequently to a vietnamese restaurant called Le Tonkin, and he always talked about having the most amazing Vietnamese salad. So when we went on our honeymoon, He took me to that restaurant and I got to finally tasted the famous salad. Ever since I have been making it for him! Here is my recipe!
- 2 chicken breast
- ½ lettuce or ½ Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely shredded
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup of soy bean sprouts
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ⅓ cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- Vietnamese dressing
- ⅓ cup green lemon juice
- ⅓ cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place chicken in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Let that simmer, for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from fire. Let the chicken cool and then shred. Reserve.
- Make dressing: Whisk lime juice, fish sauce and sugar together in a jug until sugar has dissolved. Add the onion. Reserve.
- Place lettuce or cabbage, carrots, bean sprouts, mint, coriander and chicken in a large bowl. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve.
Vietnamese chicken salad – The Petit Gourmet
So the classic recipe is made with chinese cabbage, but some times I made it with shredded lettuce too.