Love pancakes – The Petit Gourmet
This post is originally from 2014 and it has been popular on Pinterest, so decided to post it again and share the love with ya!
So today my daughter Charlotte want it some pancakes for breakfast and I didn’t have my oatmeal pancake mix that I have used lately (trying to make them healthier) Didn’t had any oatmeal at home either, so I took out the traditional ingredients and help my daughter the mini chef put this recipe together.
Pancakes can be paired with just about any type of fruit, syrup or even savory items like eggs, bacon or ham. Or just plain butter and sugar, that my Mom made for us often, we didn’t like syrup at that time, but thankfully we have develop grownup tastes.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- Butter (a little teaspoon in the frying pan before each pancake)
- In a bowl, sift all dry ingredients and mix them well (that way you will avoid lumps).
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients, then pour over the dry ingredients mixture.
- Heat a pan on a middle flame, put a teaspoon of butter and then ladle the batter onto the pan.
- Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes, and when you see little holes forming on your pancake, flip and cook other side for 1 minute and a half. I will make 12 medium pancakes with this batter.
A while ago, I bought a set of sandwiches stamps and cutters, and after doing the pancakes We tried using them to serve a pretty breakfast! and this is how they turn out, cute aren’t they?
My oldest daughter Cloe thought so! so I hope you could do this recipe with your kids and try to make them look as pretty as you can.