Among with the caramelized onions quiche this was the most popular item sold on my bakery! Yes, if you didn’t knew it yet, I owned a bakery called “Le Petit Gourmet” thus the name of this blog! We sold, bread, sweet and savory pastries, on the savory side, we sold lots of quiches.
So for this recipe you will need of course my pastry dough recipe, you can find it here.
- 1 packet of baby spinach, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 bacon strips, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- ⅓ of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of cream
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the leek, garlic and bacon. Cook 8-10 minutes or until soft. Add the spinach, let it cook until soft. Cool for 5 minutes. Drain out moisture.
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 200°C. Place a tray in the oven. Line pastry with baking paper. Cover the bottom with beans or ceramic weights. Bake on the hot tray for 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans. Spread over spinach and bacon. Whisk eggs, cream, salt, pepper and cream together. Pour over the filling. Sprinkle over the Parmesan. Bake 40 minutes. You can serve it warm or cold; as a mean dish with salad or cut into bite size pieces as an appetizer.
Enjoy & Happy baking!