Veggie quinoa lunch bowl
This is one of the easiest recipes ever to make. You just have to make the bowl base, today I chose quinoa, but it can totally be: mix of greens, lettuce, zucchini or carrot noodles, grains, lentils.
You just choose your favorite things to place on top of the bowl base and add your favorite dressing and you are all set.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup lentils, cooked and seasoned
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup of palm heart, sliced
- ½ carrots, grated
- garlic lime dressing:
- ¼ c olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of sugar or honey
- salt, pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, place lentils in 6 cups water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 -20 minutes until barely tender. Do not overcook. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the dressing: olive oil, lime juice, spices, garlic, honey, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare your bowls, combine quinoa, lentils, hearts of palm, carrots, and avocado with the dressing. Taste and adjust seasonings. Top with sliced avocado and a squeeze of lime.
Today my base is quinoa, which is a great base because it’s gluten-free and protein-packed and super easy to cook.