Happy new year!! I hope this new year brings health and love for you and all your love ones!
To begin this year with a great recipe, today I share with you this Zucchini, kale and turkey lasagna. Super easy to make and delicious.
First begin to cut lengthwise the zucchini, I used my mandoline. And lay a layer on the bottom of a greased baking dish.
Then add the cooked turkey.
Then add the ricotta kale mixture on top and spread it with a spatula.
Repeat until all the ingredients are in the baking dish.
Preheat the oven at 350F. Then add the mozzarella on top. and bake or 45 minutes until it’s bubbling and all cheese is melted and golden brown.
- 4 large zucchinis, sliced lengthwise into thin slices
- 2 cups kale, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups homemade tomato puree with herbs (two cans of diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, basil)
- 1½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- ½ cup parsley, finely sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded, separated 1½ cups and ½ cup for the topping
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Over medium heat, in a pan heat the olive oil, add the onion and garlic, until transparent, then add the ground turkey, season with salt and pepper and cook until turkey is cooked through.
- Mix in a blender the tomatoes.
- In another pan, cook the onion, garlic and add the mixed tomatoes with the liquid, add the herbs and less cook for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl combine ricotta cheese, egg, kale, mozzarella, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Spray the bottom of a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Begin with a layer of sliced zucchini on bottom of pan, then add a layer of the turkey, then a layer of the ricotta-kale mixture of zucchini and top of the tomatoes puree. Repeat until all ingredient are in the baking dish. Top with the mozzarella.
- Bake for 45 minutes until cheese is melted and lasagna is bubbling. Enjoy!