Easy & fresh Pico de Gallo
There is a whole discussion about the origin of its name, as many say is that in the preparation, the ingredients must be chopped as finely as if this were to be eaten by a rooster, others say it is because the chopped ingredients should not exceed the size of a pico de gallo, but I know for a fact is that you can serve certain dishes and add tons of flavors just by adding pico de gallo to the service.
Is is such a simple recipe, they are lots of versions, but here is my most simple one:
- 6 tomatoes, diced in small cubes
- 1 big onion, diced into small cubes
- 1 green pepper, diced into small cubes
- ½ cup of cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together, rectify the seasoning, refrigerate until service.
You can pair this with seafood, grilled fish or meats, fried chicken, eggs, tacos of course or just plain roasted tortillas! you name it! this will add freshness and acidity to any boring dish! So have fun.