This is a favorite of mine but I must confess this is tricky even for me, I can make a mess very easily with this recipe!
So When I pour my egg mixture onto the potatoes at a very low flame, I try to open spaces with the help of a fork or a knife between the eggs that are cooked and the uncooked ones so the liquid goes to the bottom of the pan and will cook before turning it to the other side I will try ti cook it 85% through.
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of diced tomatoes
- 2 small potatoes or 1 big one
- Chorizo sausage or any other sausage or ham of your liking! for today's recipe I used turkey bacon, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut the potatoes (I did mine with the help of a mandolin) and put them into a small pan with the olive oil on a low flame.
- Meanwhile those potatoes are getting cook and golden, whisk together the eggs and the milk, season with salt and pepper and reserve.
- When you pick the potatoes with a knife and they are soft, they are ready, stir in the tomatoes and bacon, let that cook for a couple of minutes. Then add the eggs mixture.
- It can take from 15 up to 25 depending on the pan and flame. When you see the first side is cook at 85% turn it and cook the rest of it.
- You can either serve right away as a meal with some salad, or let it cool and cut it into bite size tapas.
In Spain, every family has it version of this classic recipe, and they will all assure theirs is the best one in the country! I won’t say mine is the best but so far is the one I have access to! So enjoy!