Refreshing passion fruit margarita with smokey rim
How was your week? It has been a longer week, if you get my drift. So today I will indulge you, after all tomorrow is Friday.
Moving on to lighter days, let’s talk about today’s recipe, delicious and refreshing passion fruit margarita with a smokey rim, (hello weekend) right back at ya! yeah, yeah you heard right.
Tangy and acidic passion fruit slushy with a kick of tequila and orange liqueur, wonderful mix that will refresh your soul!
Normally a salt rim is the traditional garnish for margaritas. Here I used a smokey BBQ spice to flavor the salt before adding it to the glass rims.
- For the passion fruit juice:
- 3 passion fruit
- 2 cups of water.
- For the margarita:
- 1 ½ cup juice passion fruit
- ½ cup lemon juice, 5-6 large lemons
- ½ agave or sugar to taste - adjust to your taste
- 1 cup to 1 ½ cups tequila - adjust to your taste
- ¼ to ½ cup of orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- Several cups of ice
- Remove the pulp of the passion fruit with a spoon. Put the pulp in the mixer, blend for 10 seconds, the black seed will separate from the jelly. Don't over blend as the seeds will break up and create a grit.
- Pour the mixture into a large jug or bowl through a sieve to catch the seeds. Rub in the mixture in the sieve to get every drop.
- Add water and agave and mix. Then add ice and liqueur, mix until slushy or wanted texture. Adjust the ice to your taste. Serve right away! Enjoy!
This gives the rim a little kick! but you can totally just use salt!
This margarita recipe is tangy, sweet and refreshing, you want to taste this is a group of friends and enjoy life!
As you can see these barely made the photo shoot in one piece, so good!